MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE: AVIATION ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION DIVISION (AAID)
Mission of Aviation Accident Investigation Division (AAID)
• To promote aviation safety through the conduct of independent and objective investigations into aviation accident and incident that is in line with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 13.
The AAID is responsible for the investigation of aviation accidents and serious incidents in Rwanda involving civil registered aircraft, foreign registered aircraft that occurs in Rwanda or any other place where Rwanda has interests.
The AAID will:
• Gather, record and analyze all the available information on the accident and incidents.
• Determine the causes and \ or validity of the contributing factors
• Identify the possible safety issues
• Draw up the safety recommendations to address circumstances and causes to improve aviation safety
• Complete the investigation reports